Why Dress Up 19th Century Lady Naturalist?




Why cosplay 19th century lady naturalist? Because history of science, women's history, natural history, and dresses. And, ooh, the hats. 

It was Rupaul who said: 
"You're born naked and the rest is drag."

Until recently, my drag had been Modern, Stretch-Fabric-Wearing Suburban Mother. It didn't suit me. I'd rather be like this:


Outside, purposeful, inspired, with a waist located for me.



Perhaps 19th century lady naturalist is my midlife crisis, but renaissance is a thing. It is my joy to uncover stories of fabulous STEM grandmas (and to dress like them. You can join me here on the Facebook page Baltimore Victorian Natural Historian.)

Shouldn't fun be the focus of the second half of life? Because it really doesn't matter about my batwing upper arms in this:



















Comments

  1. Your style is so unique compared to other folks I have read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this page. urban streetwear

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts